Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Can't there just be one

"Can't There just be One"

By: Amelia Peña


Can't there just be one?
Why do we have so many?
Feelings! I want to explode!
Hate, jealousy, guilt, sadness
All examples of feelings.

We all feel something different,
All experience different things.
It is impossible to feel one thing,
But can't we find a way to make it possible?
Is there, Could there be a way to just feel one?

Feelings! They take up space!
I have other things to worry about,
But if I worry about all the feelings,
Will I go insane?
My mom told me that we won't,
But could we?

People lie, so how do I know the truth?
What if it is possible?
I don't want to explode!
I feel as if I am wired with multiple feelings.
I feel like I am one too many.

There is too much to feel.
Too Much sorrow,
Too much pain,
Too much joy.
What if I don't want to experience all that?
What I want to turn it all off?

Make myself not vulnerable,
Make myself feel as if I am empowered,
As if people can't see what I'm feeling.
What if we can turn it off?
What if we want to turn it off?

I wish I can turn it off!


No comments:

Post a Comment