Friday, April 17, 2015

An Ode to Dance

"An Ode to Dance"

By: Amelia Peña


Dance, you let me be creative.
You show me a whole different
Point of view in life.
You make me who I am!

Oh Dance, you make me
Want to live the dream
Of being a dance choreographer.
You make life amusing and enjoyable!

You let me feel as if there is faith.
Dance, you let me feel as if there is 
A chance that I will succeed. 
You make me sense that all my problems 
have gone away.

Dance, like always you make me feel as if I 
were like everybody else. Typical!
Dance lets me hear all the songs,
that makes it possible to tell a story.

Hearing the music that plays 
While I dance helps me tell
And show a story as well.
Dance lets me show who I can 
Truly be!

It lets me see the bright side of an awful day.
Dance lets me see a totally different
Dimension and experience the beauty
That comes from it!

When I am with you dance, 
I can imagine that I am in a different place,
Surrounded by my favorite flower,
Orchids and when I bend down, I can
Smell the beauty that comes from the Orchid.

I can smell a nice summer breeze
As I dance in the garden in the center
Of the yard.

When I am dancing, I can be who 
I am and I don't have to hide what I want to be, 
because you accept me for who I truly am. 
That's all I ask from you!

             





No comments:

Post a Comment