Thursday, December 18, 2014

Amelia Earhart and Harriet Tubman

      One difference I noticed between Amelia Earhart and Harriet Tubman was that Amelia was the first woman to fly across the Atlantic and Harriet was the conductor of the underground railroad. In the biography I read about Amelia Earhart, it said,"Still, her life will never be the same. The first woman to cross the Atlantic made headlines around the world. Reading this quote shows me that Amelia Earhart tried her hardest in order to be successful, to be the first woman to fly across the Atlantic Ocean. Her fight was a success and for that she was able to be the first of many woman to fly across the Atlantic. In the biography I read about Harriet Tubman, it said, "She is made official "conductor" of the underground railroad and gets to know all the routes." This shows me that after helping so many slaves escape to freedom, Harriet was rewarded by becoming a conductor. She learned routes and she could be trusted, so from than on she was the conductor of the underground railroad.

      One similarity I noticed between Amelia Earhart and Harriet Tubman was that both stuck up for what they believe in. In the biography I read about Amelia Earhart, it said, "She showed everyone that woman didn't have to live with limits. She showed people anyone can fly. She changed the world. She was a legend." This shows me that Amelia Earhart stood up for woman's rights because men and women deserve to be treated equally. Amelia Earhart stood up for what she believed in by proving she can do the impossible. Flying. In the biography I read about Harriet Tubman, it said, " In 1850, Harriet helps her first slaves escape slavery to the North." This shows me that Harriet Tubman stood up for ending slavery because everyone deserves to live life the way they want. Harriet stood up for what she believed in by helping slaves escape from slavery, so they can have what everyone else does. Freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment