Sunday, May 8, 2016

"Bulletproof Dream"

BOOM! It went down
My dead dream lost in the cross fire
Thought it was bulletproof
But reality shot right through

I wished-
I prayed-
I worked-
I even gave a little faith
But Three words gave it all...
AWAY

"You ain't got no chance"
"Too Late" - "You won't make it"
They said the dream won't come alive...
and they were right

I carried my dream with me for so long -
for it all to go to waste...
I lost - I felt the pain
Reality had snuck in and...
I no longer had control

I dreamt to be a dancer
...a journalist
And in reality I thought it was possible
But I no longer had control

Reality had control over my dream
They were possible dreams, but...
They got lost on the way of becoming real
Reality didn't think they were possible

The simplest and the most realistic dreams
But compared to the unrealistic...
like two pawns in chess
battling against one another

There is no winner
And sometimes there will never be a winner
I thought my pawn was bulletproof
Protected with a shield
But reality shot right through

I won't give up
I'll get back up and...
I'll try again and if I fail once more-
I'll dream another dream
And this time I'll win!
(Just makes me stronger)




No comments:

Post a Comment