Thursday, October 15, 2015

Blog for Week 10/14/15 - Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld

Prompt: 1. List three questions you have about what you read. 2. What are two emotions the main character felt? What made the main character feel that way? 
Prep by: Curtis Sittenfeld
Pages read: 1 - 167

     I really enjoy reading my book Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld. In the book, the main character is a girl named Lee Fiora. Lee is from South Bend, Indiana, she is going to a boarding school in Massachusetts, called Ault. Ault is known to be a school for the rich and upper class, Lee is amazed that she even got in because of where she is from. Now at Ault, Lee is faced with many different challenges, starting with trying to make friends. My book is mainly about Lee going to Ault for the next 4 years and seeing how she will deal with it and face challenges.

     My book makes me question what I've read a lot. It makes me wonder whether or not Lee will ever have friends that she can actually trust and do things with. Prep is a very complex book, the way the book is written sometimes gets me confused because it jumps from freshman year of fall to junior year of fall, so it gets confusing. I wonder if Lee can make anything out of the school Ault other than it being a school for the high class and rich. Another question I ask myself is if there is going to be a good ending for Lee and if she will change as a person.

     Anxiety and eagerness seems to be the two main emotions that the main character Lee feels most of the time. Lee always feels anxiety when around the kids in her school because of how they are rich and she doesn't have a lot of money, so instead of talking to them, she hides in her room alone. She also feels anxiety while in Ms.Moray's class because in the book she is forced to face her fears and most of the time she feels anxiety when she is chosen to speak in front of her class, thinking she will fail. Lee, has no friends, she does talk to people, but there's no one she is really close to at Ault, so lately in the book she has been very eager to make friends in her school, so she wouldn't have to be so alone. Later in the book, she has made at least one friend but for some reason she wants to have more, she is eager to be more than average and I can't possibly understand why. Lee is a very complex person, with many different emotions to feel.


     

I commented on: Evelyn's Blog, Sam's Blog, and Daya's Blog





No comments:

Post a Comment